Spider Veins are the small purple, blue or red blood vessels that are easily noticeable on the legs or other areas. Spider veins multiply in number as the person grows older and thus they become even more obvious. Though they are generally harmless, spider veins have a potential to cause burning, aching or localized pain.
Spider veins may be experienced during hormonal shifts, fluctuations in weight or prolonged standing. Some people inherit the genes for spider veins. The good news is that spider veins can be removed easily with painless treatment methods.
Spider Vein Treatment
There is no need to fret and worry about spider veins as several effective treatment methods are available:
This is one of the most popular methods used for the treatment of spider veins. The good news about this treatment is that there is no pain involved and the whole procedure can be done without administering anesthesia. Some of the key points associated with Sclerotherapy include:
- It involves using needles to inject a prepared solution into the vein.
- The solution ensures that the veins gradually disappear before turning white.
- It is most suitable for treating medium size blood vessels.
- This ensures that the blood now passes through the other healthier veins.
- The whole procedure is painless and doesn’t require anesthesia.
- Though it is effective still it has some possible mild side effects including itching and swelling. Change in the color of the skin may occur.
Laser surgery is also used for the treatment of spider veins. Some of the key points related to laser surgery are:
- It is effective in the treatment of small sized blood vessels.
- In this process spider veins are exposed to strong lights.
- Laser surgery is often seen as less effective than Slcerotherapy due to the common re-appearance of spider veins in the same area.
- Multiple treatments may be needed for a complete eradication of spider veins.
- The veins start to fade away as they weaken due to the effect of the light
- Laser surgery may cause blistering, bruising, or reddening of the skin.
- This exposure to the strong light makes the vein weaker.
- It doesn’t require any needles or incisions.
- The skin may likewise experience swelling and itching.
For more information about spider vein treatments in Costa Rica or to contact a leading dermatologist or cosmetic surgeon in Costa Rica, please fill out the “Help Me Find a Doctor” form in this page. A participating medical specialist will contact you to discuss your case.