Breast augmentation surgery is one of the most popular and frequently performed cosmetic body surgeries, and it has a high success rate among healthy women. Breast augmentation has a long and successful track record in satisfying women who wish to enhance, regain or restore balance to their figures. Also known as breast implant surgery, it involves inserting implants and reshaping the natural tissue to increase or restore the size and shape of the breasts.
Most women choose breast augmentation surgery to enhance their breasts and feel more attractive. However, women suffering from breast cancer may choose a type of breast augmentation surgery, called breast reconstruction surgery, to regain their breasts that may have been lost due to a mastectomy.
Breast augmentation surgery is one of the most commonly performed cosmetic body surgeries for medical travelers, and is a smart alternative to high-priced cosmetic surgeries in North America that are normally not covered by insurance. Breast augmentation surgery in Costa Rica is a safe, effective and affordable cosmetic body surgery performed by highly-skilled surgeons, and which provides long-lasting, beautiful results.
How is Breast Augmentation surgery done?
In breast augmentation surgery, your surgeon will make an incision based on your anatomy and needs, usually around the areola, where scaring is much less visible, or under your breast (the inframammary crease), to lift the breast tissue and create a pocket. Then an implant will be inserted, either between your breast tissue and chest muscles or under the muscle for more volume at the top, to enhance the size and shape of the breast.
Breast implants aim to feel similar to soft breast tissue. They are usually made of cohesive silicone gel or saline (sterile salt water) filled. In some cases fat may be taken from the patient’s own body (called an Autologous Fat Transfer) when limited volume will provide the desired results.
What is recovery like after Breast Augmentation surgery in Costa Rica?
After breast augmentation surgery, your breasts may feel tight and sensitive to the touch, and be painful. This can be effectively treated with various pain medications, which your doctor will prescribe for you.
Typically, patients can get out of bed the day after surgery, and can shower within 24 to 48 hours. About a week after surgery, most people are well enough to return to most normal daily activities. However, you should refrain from doing any vigorous exercise or strenuous activity for at least a month.
Benefits of Breast Augmentation surgery
- Add volume to breasts for more attractive look
- Bring the breasts into better proportion with the rest of the body
- Improve symmetry between differently sized or shaped breasts
- Restore volume to the breasts after pregnancy, breastfeeding, weight loss, or aging
- Correct congenital deformities in one or both breasts
- Feel more feminine and attractive
- Boost confidence and improve body image
Risks involved with Breast Augmentation
There are certain potential complications associated with breast augmentation which include:
- Capsular Contracture: The capsule that forms around the implant may shrink and cause hardness or deformity, but can be corrected by surgery, a capsulectomy.
- Unsatisfactory Results: There is a possibility that the procedure will not be successful and will require additional surgery.
- Rupturing of Implants: There are chances that the implant might rupture and break inside the patient’s body, most common with saline filled implants, sometimes with older less cohesive silicone, and rarely with the newer cohesive/gummy bear implants.
- Scarring: There is a problem of scarring as scars may take 2-4 years to fade, but around the areola they are barely visible.
- Bleeding: There might be bleeding after the surgery which can prove fatal if it is not controlled, but it is a very rare occurrence.
- Nipple loss: Most common in women who smoke.
- Nipple change in sensation: Can be reduced or heightened, but is usually temporary.
Breast Augmentation surgery in Costa Rica
If you are interested in breast augmentation surgery in Costa Rica, please fill out the “Help Me Find a Doctor” form. A participating medical specialist will contact you about your medical needs.